Skip to main content

Daddies day delight


Always time for Dad...

Sometimes I to remind myself if that! Today I have adored, woken by my kids. Breakfast out as a family and then visiting loved ones

Even taking a trip to the local cremitorium to lay flowers for those no longer with us

With all that said and done I had to remind myself to take the time for me. Getting to the gym andhitting that work out

Turned out to be a really good session.. plenty ofsweat, and tears

Thats right.... tears! 

During my slog on the treadmill I doubted myself, I had forgotten my Why! 

I was ready to give up, walk away and make an excuse. But the I remembered...

I’ve commited to something, I promised myself to create a better me. To work hard and be proudof my achievements! 

So how did I pull myself through?

I’ve recently set myself a target, not a weightloss target but something to achieve! 

I’m going to do a super sprint triathlon

400m of swimming, 10km of cycling and then 2.5km of running

All in one go, at one event

This pushed me on, dragged me through! 

Refusing to give in, I dug deep. I broke it down to smaller targets

And I fucking made it!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ozOUlDP9EM2IjNN5crM4ompY_rLigE_v

In fact, I had sweated so much I made it impossible tonput myself through weights due to my T-shirt looking like I had entered some dodgy Ibiza wet t-shirt comp! 

I certainly wasn’t winning that, but I had already conquered my mind! 

Anything is possible, we just have to be prepared to push our way through. Find a way to get the job done 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight-loss Surgery

​ This is difficult writing for a number of reasons. Mainly because by logging into blogging apps it has unearthed my previous blogs. These blogs were at a time I was much happier with my weight. Still very much over weight but very different to where I am in life now!  Never the less I will continue to write and document this process.  My weight has spiralled again, the heaviest I have ever been, and now I intend to do something about it on a more physical basis. In 18 days time I fly to Egypt to have bariatric surgery.  I have decided to document the journey and one day may post it for all to see, This is me, this is my journey

Timing ⏱

I’ve thought long and hard about this blog, started typing then started over.  I wanted talk about time .... ⏱ It goes so fast, I mean already we are in May.. soon to be June, 3 weeks into the Bali challenge and times not stopping for anyone!  Time is something so precious and yet is something often used as a way out. I’m a prime example of not having enough time, or at least saying I don’t. And I  wanted to break it down... show how my time was spent and how it could be improved, but instead: I want to emphasis on timing..  When things happen and how it affects us... There have been some times in my life when things have been bad.  I hit some serious low points... One thing consistant at all of those times was my support.. my family were amazing, but an unexpected friendship formed at just the right TIME Aaron Aaron is my age, we played in the same rugby team. Aaron was, well different. He was a lads lad and wouldn’t think twice about abusing someone.  He...

10,000 steps

Anyone entering into a new lifestyle of tracking food naturally tend to start counting steps.  They go hand in hand We get fitness watches, step counters and debate the best accuracy between fitbit and iWatch There seems to be this daily target of 10,000 steps  We all aim for it... but why? I understand it brings with it a level of effort required to get to that benchmark but for some this requires way more energy than others For example.. Diren Kartel, pioneer of #neatup247 will do 10,000 steps in his sleep!  Watch his stories and he is on the move ALL the time Doing a informative video - he bounces about Cooking - he dances Meeting a friend - he walks Grabbing a coffee - he walks From experience.. my normal daily steps was averaging 2000/3000 at a push aiming for 10,000 would be over 3x my normal movement Would I be able to lift 3x my deadlift PB without prior training? One thing I picked up from James Clear - Atomic Habits is that forming a habit is about 1% at a time ...